Thursday, February 21, 2013

First Things First

I'm so happy to be linking up with Halie and Hallie again this week for First Things First. I really like it because it's such fun.

This time we want to know all about:
1) First Thing You Do When You Get Home. (This one was supposed to be First Thing You Do When You Get to the Gym, but as I don't go to the gym, there was the option to do this instead).
2) First Date With Your Significant Other.
3) First Email Address.

So here goes.

1) First Thing You Do When You Get Home. 
Well this one is easy. I turn the intruder alarm off and remove my shoes, then I'll make a cup of Tea and stand in the kitchen whilst watching either Deal or No Deal and Four in a Bed (depending on what time I get home). 

2) First Date With Your Significant Other.  
Hmm. My first date with Kevin wasn't actually a date. Well it was a date, but we weren't actually on date if you know what I mean.  It had all began the Saturday before at my friend's sister's engagement party/mum and dad's silver wedding anniversary. I had been a little reluctant to go because my ex would be there, and I wasn't really looking forward to seeing him, as we parted on somewhat (as I see it) awkward terms. So anyway, as the night went on, I was getting more and more fed up because my ex kept trying to talk to me and I was ready for going. I decided to get one last drink and then head off home. I was standing at the bar when I first spotted Kevin. He was with his friend John. Apparently he'd been looking over most of the night and me being me, hadn't really noticed until my friend Chris told me. I sort of knew Kevin through my friend Dani and had seen him round her house a few times, but never really thought "Oh he's cute." All I knew was that they had worked together and stayed friends. 
So back to the night of the engagement party. Kevin offered to buy me a drink and I told him I wasn't drinking so he could get me a coke. Then he asked me if he could have my cell number. Just came straight out with it, I said no at first because of the way Al had been with me and didn't feel ready for another relationship so soon. But I gave it him anyway because he seemed nice. That was that, until the Monday night. I was having a few quiet drinks with another friend in our local bar when up popped a text from Kevin. "Hello you. How do you fancy going to the cinema on Friday? Kevin x"  I showed it my friend and she said Go for it. I told him I would and then began a night of text flirting. Anyway the next day, he text me again and said "How's about going out for something to eat first?" This time 2 kisses. That night I told him I wasn't really ready for a relationship and thought that he would leave me alone. Then a few weeks later, we were sitting in his local bar waiting for his friends (whom I had already met) when he told me that "He loved me". I was like whoah! hold on a sec, we're not officially dating or are we? "How can you be in love with me? We've not been seeing each other that long." Kevin just laughed and said "Ok. I think I'm falling for you then." The rest is just History. We've been together almost six and half years now.


Kev
The night of our first date.
Bank Holiday Sunday 2009

New Years Eve 2009

At one of Kevin's Work Colleagues Wedding


Night down town last year.

This New Year's just gone.

3) First Email Address. 
I think my first email address was something like Saz126athotmail.com or something like that. I don't use it much now as I've got a Google account. 



Looking forward to reading yours ladies, and hopefully finding some new blog friends.