This weekend was Kevin's birthday. I feel quite sad but am happy at the same time.
Why sad you say? Well this time next year he won't be my fiance anymore.....
He will be my Husband. Finally after years of waiting for my Mr Right and the one I want to spend the rest of my life with, I found Kevin. Kevin and I met through a mutual friend seven years ago and although we have had our up's and downs I'm pleased to say that Kevin is my Mr Right. I love this man so much, words cannot describe...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GemKqzILV4w
Back to the Birthday weekend now. Our friend Dani ( said mutual friend earlier on) and her fella Paul were up from London for the weekend as they would be flying out to Perth - Australia on the Sunday morning - the day of Kevin's birthday. Dani had suggested that we go out for a meal because we wouldn't see them over Christmas with them being in Perth. We had originally opted for Beijing, a local Chinese restaurant but thought it to be rather expensive, we finally decided on The New Waggoners. A local pub/restaurant. All the food is homemade and you get loads. I decided on the Braised Steak in Peppercorn sauce as I have had it before from there and it is divine, like heaven in your mouth. As soon as you cut into the meat it falls apart. It's one of the best things ever. For starter I had homemade Thai Fishcakes. These were lovely, so moist and soft, not gooey and crammed with potatoes, just plenty of flaked salmon. Heaven.
Kevin had the chicken goujons which were seriously spicy, they tasted like they had been flame cooked and had a spicy middle eastern fiery kick about them. Next he decided to have Whale and Chips for his main. And boy was it a whale!!!!
 |
Kevin and The Whale.
He struggled to eat it, I can tell you and I know my Kevin likes his food. But this was so big, that even for Kevin it was a challenge. When the time came for us to leave and say goodbye to our friends Dani and Paul, they headed home and we were picked up by Kevin's brother Mark. He dropped us off at the Miners where we met some other friends. Steve and his girlfriend Kelly along with Steve's daughter Sam who was celebrating her birthday that day. Sam suffers from Cerebral Palsy and is one of the loveliest girls I've met. She's not only very pretty, but clever, witty and doesn't take crap from anyone. She's always telling her dad Steve off, she takes the piss out of him. But Steve being Steve takes it on his chin and just tells her to shut up. We only had a couple of drinks with them and decided to head for home but not before a quick trip into the 110 for a bit of entertainment. Normally we don't go in when a particular singer known as Mike Alone is on, but we knew we wouldn't stay long....
The following morning was Kevin's Birthday. Yeeeeeeaaaah! I love birthday's and being able to spend the day with my gorgeous man on his last birthday as a fiance is one of the best feelings in the world. So after Kevin opened his cards and presents we headed off to see his mom and dad before heading off to Asda (Walmart for my American readers) to do some shopping and get something for dinner.
Next it was back home for a quick bite to eat - Bacon, sausage and egg for me and Bacon and sausage butties for Kevin. Then we headed round to Kevin's brothers to pick up some presents Dani and Paul had left with him for Christmas before heading into town to sort out a dress that Kevin had bought for me. I then proceeded to drag Kevin round the shops looking for Christmas decorations for his flat. For the last couple of years he's only had a tree up but this year I wanted to make my mark, so i'm slowly adding little things. Here's a few decorations I've put up so far.
Kevin's Tree
The lonely Snowman - I need to get him a mate.
These cute paper balls remind me of when I was little - I need to get some more. The cute wreath on the door welcomes you into "our" (well at least it will be ours next Christmas) home. I wanted something to brighten up the mirror in the background as well but nothing too over the top so this star garland was perfect.
I've just got a few more bits to add to Kevin's tree and he'll try and put his window lights and decorations up and we are sorted.
So that's what we got up to this weekend. What did ya'll get up to?
|