Monday, March 08, 2010

Kev's flat - An Update.

I must apologise for neglecting you for the past week.
It has been something of a very busy and somewhat hectic week.

First of all, I'd like to share my good news, well I say my good news but it more Kevin's good news really. I have been hoping, praying that he would get a flat and finally be able to move out of his mom's. Well two Wednesday's ago, I had been happily texting him and subtly asked if he had heard anything. He calmy replied with "They rang me about the one behind the Turf." Then he said he was going to tell me on Saturday! How dare he make me wait until Saturday! I was soooooo excited, So excited that I ran downstairs and told my mom....So now he has to wait until Monday when he will hopefully get those MAGIC keys and we can finally get to spend more time together rather than just seeing each once a week.....

I am really happy that he has got the one behind the Turf...It looked lovely from the outside and it's a ground floor flat too and it's supposed to have a Garden at the back. But it's a shared Garden, but hey who cares? I am looking forward to Summer and BBQ's and having friends round and staying up drinking until late with some soft subtle music....It's not too far from the View if we want to go out for a drink or two. It's just five minutes from his mom's and his brother's. So at least when I'm not there he can go round to his mom's or Mark's.

I just can't wait until he gets those keys and we can start moving his stuff in. I've already got some cushions for him, we have a small fridge and a small oven and cooker, and a spare microwave at work. My mom has said that he can have the old curtains out of the dining room and our old settee (that's if it's not too big!) for his living room. I've just found some cutlery that I might ask him about. So really all he'll need then for the kitchen is some salt and pepper pots, a few plates and bowls, some glasses and mugs and a few pots and pans! I am going to root through all mom's old stuff tonight to see what I can find for him. I know his mom and Mark will chip in with stuff too! I just wanna make my own contributions too and if I can get some hand me downs and stuff then all the cheaper!