Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Autumn's Arrival

I thought I would try and brighten up my Autumn Tuesday morning with a few pictures from and around Derwentwater and Keswick. We spent many a late September weekend or sometimes October mulling around by the Lake when we were kids, (myself and my brother that is). We would often hop in the car with Nan and Grandad and take the two and a half hour trip to their caravan on the banks of Derwentwater. It holds some fond memories for me.


The Beginning of a new day descends on Derwentwater.




Autumn walks around Derwentwater - such lovely colours.



Looking out over Derwentwater.


Derwentwater Jetty. A Little piece O'history.

I have actually been slightly jealous this weekend, especially yesterday, as my brother and his girlfriend decided to go up to the Lakes for a couple of days and of course visited one of my favourite places there. Keswick. This was ( as I said at the beginning of the post, where Nan and Grandad had their caravan) always a favourite place of mine to visit in the Autumn and nothing better did I enjoy other than an amble around the quaint little streets and noting which shops had closed and which ones were still around from when I was a kid. Of course I haven't actually been now for a couple of years but one day soon. Kewsick will always hold a fond place in my heart.



The Old Keswickian Chippie.

Many of the Old shops are still there, such as Bryson's Bread shop which now boasts not only bread, but homemade sandwiches, pies and other such delicacies, but a tearoom with full hot meal service. How things change.  A favourite of mine has to be the Spicy Vegetable Pastie or their chicken and mushroom pie or any of their pies and pasties for that matter!  No trip to Keswick is complete without a visit to the Old Keswickian Chippie. The fish, chips, peas and gravy all just melt in your mouth and mmmmmm....need I say anymore?

The Moot Hall and The Home of the Famous Keswick Markets.



Looking towards Skiddaw in the Snow.


Snow Covered Skiddaw.