After reading Tova's recent blog about totally awkward tuesday's I decided to give it a go from my own perspective. So here's my totally awkward tuesday moment for this week. I don't recall it being a particulary funny story but here goes.
I remember being in the 5th grade at primary (thats elementary school for my american readers)and going on a week's trip to Pwhelli in North Wales. It was something of a school ritual and every year the 5th graders would go on this trip. There was around 40 of us on the trip. 20 boys and 20 girls. All sharing one block of chalets. They were quite run down when we got there and a bit dirty so none of us really wanted to stay but we had no choice and began unpacking. The girls stayed in the lower row and the boys on the top. After a couple of days being there we had to go up to our teacher's chalet for our spending money and seeing that the only way past was via the boys chalets.
There were four boys, all of whom I had a little bit of a crush on the trip. They didn't know this however and as I walked past boy one's chalet (let's just call him Kev D), imagine my embarrassment when he was coming out of his bathroom in nothing but his boxers. I went bright red and my three friends saw this and proceeded to taunt me for the the remainder of the trip. They later found out that I had a crush on Kev D and wouldn't let it lie.
Then a couple of months later, it had come to the end of our time at School, the school dance upon us. Everyone was there and that included Kev D. My friends were acting strangely and I was soon to discover why. The night wore on and soon it was time for the slow dancing and everyone except myself and Kev D found themselves with a dancing partner. When Kev came over to ask me to dance I said "No thanks. I'm ok."
At the end of the night Kev came over to me and asked me if I fancied him. I didn't know what to say and looked away awkwardly, seeing my friends giggling in the corner of the school hall.
I must say that I am glad that we went our seperate ways and headed off to different High Schools. I have never seen Kev D since that night and don't suppose I will see him again. I have never forgiven my friends for telling him and I don't think I ever will.
Tova