
Helen After.

Helen Whittaker had always been heavy. For the Manchester costco member, a little over five feet tall, and at one time weighing more than 21stone being overweight was a fact of life. "I was a big girl for 19 years, and I honestly never thought that being slimmer was an option for me". Says Helen. " I just thought that was how I was meant to be. It was complete denial."
She got married and had three children, never sensing her size had a negative impact on the youngest child, who battled with learning disabilities, was taunted about in the schoolyard. "It was the first that time that my weight had become an issue to the children." attests Helen. "So I decided to do something about it."
Despite various diets and weight-loss programmes, success was illusive until she joined Slimming World, a weight-loss, fitness and support programme. With hard work and dedication, healthy eating and a personal trainer she went from a size 30 to a size 10.
To listen to Helen is to hear her passion and commitment to stopping the proliferation of obesity that is threatening to take over the United Kingdom. She is now spreading her message through her own Slimming World Franchise and motivational speaking.
She admits to "making a lot of money now". But she says, "It's not about the money: It's about how many people I can actually help". Helen goes on to say, proudly, "I've lost well over 12 stone, I love waking up in the morning now."