It appears that the time has come for me to find a new job. Ideally I'd like one in a similar role to what I am doing now. But the truth be that there is nothing out there in my desired role of Administrative Assistant or Clerical Assistant. Everywhere I apply to seems to want experience and say "You're not suitable" or "The quality of the other candidates were far greater of experience". Have they been doing this same job now for 13 years? Maybe they have. But more than likely it's all to do with Sage...I mean what is the big attraction with Sage? Most of the companies use it today as it's easy to use but I say what is wrong with an accounts package that you have been used to working with? Not many people will have heard of Visual Transaction or VT (In fact most people of whom I speak to whether it be at an interview or recruitment agencies say they have never heard of it!!!)
We've been using it for ten years now and its easy, simple to use and I to be honest wouldn't change it for anyone.
As far as the other job goes, I have started getting three or four shifts a week and if it continues then I won't mind. I am still on the look out for another Part-time job though...so if you know of anywhere that I can be of service....